As part of our Pride Month celebrations, we ran a 24 Hour Gameathon Fundraiser with all proceeds going towards the wonderful folks over at Mermaids; a charity based in the UK that support transgender, nonbinary and gender-diverse children, young people and their families.
We raised £1,417 for charity, and had so much fun doing it! Here’s a short summary of just some of the shenanigans we got up to across the 24 hour stream:
- Gartic Phone
- Deep conversations about Bagpuss
- Existential thoughts
- Speedrunning of Resident Evil Village
- Speedrunning solving Rubik’s Cubes (with a 38sec run!)
- Tomb raiding in Phantom Abyss
- A blindfolded run of Portal (it was incredible)
- Gazed at the Moon together
- Fought and was ambushed by a bunch of angry mobs in Breath of the Wild
- Visited each other’s Animal Crossing islands (they were EXCELLENT)
- The team’s pets make various guest appearances (they’re adorable)
- Investigating a mysterious island threat as a Detective Frog
- 5AM Fortnite
- Discussed Minion memes
- Went mining in Terraria
- Became The Falconeer
- One of our developers donned a Sonic cosplay while playing Sonic at 2AM (they were committed)
- Rode the Death Road to Canada
- One of our developers has a looping sound pedal and the results of what ensued have to be seen to be believed…
Here are some of the highlights from our 24 Hour Gameathon Stream!
Thank you to our team for taking part in our fundraiser stream and especially those who ran the late-night shifts, Mermaids for all of their incredible work they do with and for young transgender people in the UK, and to you for supporting us and playing our games. We’re very much looking forward to when we can do something like this again!
Learn more about Mermaids: mermaidsuk.org.uk/about-us/